Friday, September 16, 2011

10 day challenge - Day 9


Day 9, my last writing post of this challenge before I have a finish with a grand pic of mine :D Can't believe I actually made (almost) through this challenge. I definitely have to thank the all the lovely known and unknown readers of this blogs... I am not the one who really follows my blog stats but I was curious in this case... I have to say I think I got more views through this challenge than since the beginning of my blog ... I always thought of this blog as a way to express 'my perceptions' of the world I live in... But it definitely feels great to have other people reading about it, giving me their inputs and overall their general supports .... So yeah, definitely a BIG thanks to all !!

Alright, now that I have given my 'unprepared' thank you speech, its time to move on the main reason of this blog and that is two too write about two songs I like. For this challenge, I actually went through my itunes to try sorting out the songs in my head and identifying the ones I like the most ... Now I do have to say that I am not the best judge of music at all ... I hardly can remember lyrics of any song unless I am actually doing a sing-along with tat song... I cannot tell you who sang it or who composed the music or who wrote it ... I can may be tell you who the actor/actoress is or which movie it is, condition being that song is a bollywood song.... I think, growing up, one of the major times I would listen to music is when I want to fall asleep ... it helped me sleep faster ... I am also one of those ppl who would put a song on repeat mode and listen to it till she finds a new song to do this .... But I def can say that I can appreciate good music (and not critique it) .... that I am complete and only bathroom singer ...But since I have to write about two songs, I am gonna go ahead and pick two songs which I remember playing the most...these songs kinda create an emotional stir in me every time I listen to them !

1. Lamha Yeh Jaayega Kahan - This song is from the movie Dil Dosti Etc (2007)..I don't know who wrote it or who sang it ... All I know is that I can listen to this song in a loop as long as needed ... There is some thing in this song that captures the essence of life in my eyes (and ears).... I remember even blogging about the lyrics of this song, saying I love it back in 2007. You can find the lyrics here .. I have to agree to the fact that are much better songs (say ARR's) than this, both in terms of music and lyrics... but this songs makes me smile everytime I listen to it. You can listen to it too by clicking on the title name of the song in this post.

2. Do Dil Mil Rahe Hain - A song from Pardes (1997) ..A very soft romantic song with the cutest picturization of SRK *drool* ... I remember bring my head as close as one can to the TV whenever this song was played on TV !!! Even today, I feel romantic (and giggly) when I hear this song ... There is some mischievous to this song (may b coz  I remember the context of the song too) .. But yeah, after listening to a good number of my fav songs and writing and re-writing about different songs, I would say that this song is definitely one of my favs :) You can listen to this song here ...


There are lot many more songs I do love than jus two but I did wat I had to do and pick 2! And for fun, I thought it would  be a great idea if you would tell me your two most favorite songs (and why) as a reply to this post !!

Like the index in any book, here is list of my others posts from this challenge: 10 secrets9 loves8 fears7 wants6 places5 foods4 books and 3 films

One more and I am done !!
  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

do dil from pardes is one of my fav song as well :-) those good old days when we grew up drooling over every act of SRK :) I equally like the mehbooba song from the same movie :-)
its next to impossibility to actually pick just 2 songs out of one's favorites....kudos to u for actually doing this :-)