Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 day challenge - Day 2

To be a more active blogger and to relive my memories, I have taken up this 10 day challenge. Day 1 was about 10 secrets and you can find it here. Day 2 seems relatively easy as you  need to talk about 9 loves .. But I think this is one of the hardest challenges ... May be coz I love more than 9 things and now I need to choose 9 things out of this gigantic list ... Well, I shall give it my best shot :D  


1. Beginning with a pretty straight forward love - FOOD ! Strange at it may seem, I love eating... But to be more specific (as is the point of this blog) I love certain dishes from certain places and here is the list pav bhaji ( this specific hyd joint, ask me for more details), Tiramisu (Buca di Beppo), Veggie Gumbo (Qdoba), Irupuli Kozhambu (amma's kitchen), Spicy Peanut Soup (Austin Java), Mini Ghee Idly (Saravana Bhavan, NYC). And there are other foods which I love can eat anytime - Gulab Jamun, Rasam, Biryani, Murukku... Alright, I agree, it is time to move on with the rest of 8 loves.

2, My next love is TV shows - I got addicted to TV when I started working for the full time. What began as 'time-pass' to keep myself occupied in the evenings and weekends turned into a life long love affair. I have major crushes on some of the characters, I obsesses about some others, and there are those which I dnt really care much about (but I still watch those shows). One thing I dnt really follow much is reality TV shows (except for may be Project Runway). When fall arrives, the war for remote begins in our house...and you can guess, who would usually win ;).

3. I love funky earrings!

4. I love to travel and visit as many places I can. During trips,  is the one time when I can get up as early as needed and go to bed as late as possible. I think this was one of main things that attracted M to me and vice versa. The list of places I want to go is super long; the top 5 choices being Paris, London, Egypt, Turkey and Peru.  And yeah, I would love to backpack and get free tickets from my friends living in different cities to come visit them!

5. I love sleeping in late and then getting up to be served breakfast in bed :)

6. As much I love eating food, I love making them even more (both cooking and baking)... the best part is that I love cooking for family and friends....I believe, more the ppl, the merrier it is when you are having a meal.

7. I love kids! I love their energy, their enthusiasm and their innocence. And It doesn't harm that they love me too and get fabulously along with me.

8. I love exploring the city I live in. I read and follow (well online) every happening event in the city and try to attend too! I love to find things to do, foods to eat  and places to visit in the city I live. I love being the tour guide to the friends/family who visit us !!!

9. For my last one, the pic below say it all :)


In the pic - black bag, white tshirt, travel mug, picture frame, keychain and earrings)
Missing from the pic - coffee mug (stuck in the dishwasher), dvd of 'new york, I love you' movie.

See you tomorrow again :)

5 comments:

Velveteen Vidya ;-) said...

Lovin' it! How about your love for friends ;-)

Unknown said...

@V vidya - we all know love our friends .. it is a known fact .. so didnt include!

Unknown said...

nice to come up with such a challenge!! wats coming up next today ? :-)

Unknown said...

and how come "books" are not there in ur list of love? I thought u were an avid reader :-)

Unknown said...

@Shobs i didnt come up with this challenge.. I am jus participating :D and I didnt add books as I havnt been an 'avid' reader recently. And as I said, it was difficult to make the choices from the long list of things I love