Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fun with Cake Decorating!

Every time, I would see a beautifully decorated cake or eat on of those cupcakes with roses on top, I would be like I wish I could do that. Last month, I went to a cake decorating class. I have been planning to go to one for a while and finally did. My classes were taught by instructors at  "Make It Sweet" located in Austin. I My class was based onWilton's cake decorating course 1. You learn how to make the butter cream, ice the cake and various basic designs for decoration. I learnt how to make drop flowers, shells, leaves, rosettes, roses, stars, zig-zag curvy lines, and write on the cake. At the end of my course, I also got a certificate too which was very cute. The course was fun and a learning experience. I highly recommend going to one of these class. You can have fun learning how to decorate cakes and then later you can eat the yummy and  beautiful cake you made :D. Its a win-win!

Here are few pics from my class on what  I made and decorated.


Class 1 - Cupcake Design
Class 2 - Cupcake Decoration
Class 3 - Create your own cake and design

No comments: