Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer movies’ reviews – Update !

This post is continuation of my post on review of movies I watched this summer. If you have not read my previous post, you can find it in this link. I had mentioned that I would watch following movies:
  • Twilight – Eclipse
  • The Last Airbender
  • Despicable Me
  • Predators
  • Knight and Day
  • Inception
  • The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
  • Salt
  • Eat Pray Love
So here goes the reviews for the movies I watched
Twilight – if you are die hard Twilight fan, then this is a MUST watch ( now I dnt even have to say that). I thot this movie was pretty good summary of the book… when i say summary, i need to stress that again .. The book was one of the longest/biggest of the series and when they made it into a movie, they kinda jus showed you a glance of each chapter of the book..Still I think you could watch it once! On a positive note, Jacob was HOT… with all his six pack and stuff ! On a negative (for me personally), I felt that the fight scene in the end which is so described in detail in the book could have been longer in the movie. I was somehow looking forward to it. (***1/2)
The Last Airbender – Went for this movie without much expectations and thus was not really disappointed like many others …the movie was aesthetically well taken and I liked .. may b coz I had not watched the cartoon before (Heard it is much much better). I would not mind watching the sequels but it is not one those movies which is going to be my top fav list. Caution: if u loved the cartoon series, u wud hate the movie .. so dnt bother. (**1/2)
Despicable Me – Went for this movie as it was an animation … Knew it would be cute from its trailer .. Didnt expect it to super cute and fun. Definitely a good watch and fun entertainer .. One of the good releases of this summer (****)
Inception – DEFINITELY a must watch … by the time i wrote this post or u read this post, u wud have def watched it, not jus once, may b even twice… If you havn’t yet tho, then do it ASAP! brilliant storyline with direction and screenplay worth mentioning. Caprio did a good job too … It was like living within dream ! Enuf said already (*****)
Eat Pray Love – You must of read or heard about the bestseller book of the same name .. I have not read the book yet but I am thinking it is a pretty good adaption of the book… .I think the movie is a pretty decent one, at times boring or too long. Loved the way they showed Italy (esp the food) or depicted Bali with its scenic beauty – Wanted to go to eat in Italy and have a vacation in Bali right away … The only thing I didnt love about the movie the way they showed India… I think there was  much more potential to truly represent India but then again I am biased coz I know about India much more than I know about Italy or Bali. Julia Roberts rocks … So if u r a big fan of her work, then definitely go watch this movie. If you prefer books to movie, I would probably suggest reading it. (***)
Yet to watch Predators, Knight and Day, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice & Salt. Blame it on my thesis! Will definitely watch at least a couple of the above if not all.
So until then, enjoy the rest of ur Summer :)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what's wrong with ur page, but all I saw first was a blank white page with no text. Then, the white collar, CSI, Bones, etc mind kicked in the bulb, and I highlighted the text by merely clicking and dragging my mouse pointer over it... Nways, thesis is done, bachelerotte is almost over, I guess its time to start writing something BIG!... I'll leave the thought to yourself. else, I've got to do an inception in your brain and of course into TTMM's too (Narayana narayana.... :P )

Unknown said...

So, I dont have to bookmark any of my movie review sites from now on :)I get one single place where I can read reviews of most of the latest releases movies in town!!Saves me a lot of time :)
But how come I dont find reviews of latest hindi flicks or tam movies:(
U shldnt miss Knight and Day....I liked it...also, if u r into hindi feel-good movies, watch "I hate luv stories"....u shld ofc put ur brains at home n go to the theatre...

Unknown said...

@Red Phoenix - There was some error with my template..tat was the problem .. .I do have a couple of things to write on my list .. havnt jus yet got there .. But then I dnt think I can ever write too serious stuff.. and good luck with the inception part :D
@Shobana - Haha .. thanks ! I am jobless and thus watching all the new releases .. Bn watching a lot of english lately .. will def include hindi and tam soon !
Hav to watch Knight and Day .. heard the same review as urs !