Friday, February 12, 2010

Inspiration to cook!

Last night I watched ‘Julie and Julia’ movie .. it is a movie based on Julie Powel,  who gets inspired by Julia Child’s book on French Cooking and decides to cook 524 recipes in 1 yr, while blogging about her experience. The movie also talks about how Julia Child got in to French cooking in the first place…
So why am I talking abt this movie …. one may b because I really liked the idea of Julie taking up the challenge of cooking everyday and writing abt it …. I know a bunch of ppl who do tat themselves  … and I always wonder how do they hav the time and patience to actually make a dish, photograph it extensively and even blog abt it … but they do it and kudos to these bloggers.. coz i can now easily find recipes to cook something  everytime i run out of ideas…
Another thing is bcoz I do like to cook and consider myself a decent one if I put some effort … Coming to think of it .. I am onto a similar cooking spree (at least for the past 2 weekends) .. This is in addition to what I cook on a regular basis…Lets c how long it lasts …
Last week -
1. Made Pan Fried Chilli Paneer (wid the help of a “stil-recovering-from-cold-but-will-eat-panner-anytime” friend) .. it turned out be okay …
2. Made authentic chole which was awesome (to the point I licked my plate clean :D )
3. Made gulab jamuns (with my roomie & another friend) which was so yummm that we finished it standing in the kitchen over the big dish wid forks in our hands  and there I was thinking that I cud either invite over a cpl of friends or jus eat ourselves for a week ! ha!

This week -
1. Made Potato Sandwich – grilled bread toast filled with potato tikki !
2. Currently baking my very first Banana bread – fingers crossed – hoping it comes out well. ..
3. Thinking of making Pav Bhaji – my al time fav dish in this whole wide world
I wish I wud take more effort into bloggin my experiences in the kitchen but alas I don’t see it happening in the near future …. But I would like to thank my dearest roomie who patiently eats everything in my expt cooking and also helps me in the making of the dish!!
To my readers --- if you hav any suggestions on what I shud make (in future) and also would be kind enuf to be my guinea pigs, you are most welcome…
But for now, al I wanna say is Bon Appetit :) !!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

if only i had a car.. I'd b thr for some food

Unknown said...

Come come .. march la ... we wil cook :)